Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Date Night: Fushimi - Williamsburg, Brooklyn 2/1/2014

His Take:  Hi guys, so we decided to FINALLY go back to Fushimi!  Just a tidbit on Fushimi, Ariana and I shared part of our first date here.  We've eaten here on other occasions, but never as a date just the two of us.  First and foremost, GET THE SHORT RIB.  This is by far my favorite appetizer on the menu.  The portion is small (or maybe my appetite is large) so Ariana and I ordered a short rib each.  We also ordered Edamame beans to start with, and for someone who does not really like beans, these are great to pick at and enjoy.  As you well see in more of our posts, Ariana and I also like to enjoy a nice drink with our meal, whether it be wine or an alcoholic beverage.  Tonight's drinks were a Classic Mimosa (OJ and Champagne) for myself, and a Pink Bubbly for her.  The Mimosa was a nice touch with my meal.  For entrée I ordered something simple, Chicken Teriyaki.  Nice size portion as well as a side of rice to mix that extra teriyaki sauce with!  No dessert this time, but have no fear, dessert is my FAVORITE part of any meal!

All in all, the décor is great at Fushimi and the atmosphere is great for any date, whether it be a first one or just a date night like hours!  Expect a little bit of a wait if you're heading there on the weekends but it is worth it.  If you're not interested in a meal, sitting at the bar is nice while listening to the music and they also have smaller candle lit tables with stools to sit at and enjoy your beverage.  So YES I definitely suggest making your way over to Fushimi and enjoy a nice fine evening.

Her Take: Yea... what he said... no but really Short rib. We didn't come her to reminisce about our first date, nope, we came here for the short rib. SHORT RIB.
Basically, we came here one night with Nicky's family and they ordered the short rib as an appetizer, and that was the moment that my life changed. I couldn't get enough; I needed short rib in my life and I needed it soon. SO finally, we decided to come on February 1st and quench our thirst. YAY!!!!!! Yes so we were both overly excited to enjoy our dinner and drinks because Fushimi is a really great Japanese place. if you like sushi, DEFINITELY go to Fushimi. We expected a wait so we quickly approached the bar to order my usual, Pink Bubbly (rose champagne and vodka and a cherry, YUM) and Nicky decided to switch it up and get on my level and ordered a Mimosa; it was a champagne night meaning yes we were drunk. I believe that Alcohol really accompanies the meal nicely; anything involving alcohol compliments my meal so bring it on, and Fushimi brings it ;) We sat and waited for about 10 minutes which was great because we got to stare at each other googly-eyed and drink and hold hands before spending 10 hours gazing at the menu deciding what else to order besides short rib.
Ah, finally at the table and we order 2 short ribs (one each) and edamame. I really wanted to order another short rib for my entrée but I didn't :( now I regret doing so. instead I order yaki udon noodles with beef and it was pretty good (but it sure wasn't no short rib) and Nicky (as he stated above me) got chicken teriyaki. everything was yummy yummy. we also got about 6 drinks each and decided to make it a fuuun night, and yes indeed it was!!

Did I mention get the short rib??

Here's some pictures :))))))))


No comments:

Post a Comment