Thursday, June 19, 2014

Double Date Night: Escape the Room NYC - Midtown, NY - Thursday 6/5/2014

His Take:  A while back I had mentioned something to Ariana that I had seen on Facebook called “Escape the Room.”  The brief description of the place basically said, you are locked in a room, 10 people total, and you have one hour to get out.  Everything in the room is or can be a clue to get you out of the room.  At that point the record of the day was 52 minutes.  I was incredibly intrigued by this and really wanted to do it.  Ariana and I kind of brushed it aside, but Escape the Room came back up during our date to Panna II (see that post as well!).  Dan, the boyfriend of Lee, the other couple we were with, had brought it up, and we decided to buy the tickets!  Long story short, we finally decided to do Escape the Room and I could not wait!

We finally were here, Ariana, her brother, Dan, Lee and I, were set to do “The Office” which was the original game made for Escape the Room.  They now have two other rooms, which I PROMISE you I am going back to do.  That’s how good this experience was, without telling you anything, I already told you I was going back!  We were put together with 2 other couples, totaling 9 players.  The employee there assured us that having 9 of us was better than just us 5. I am going to try not to give anything away here, because you really need to do everything on your own to enjoy it!  Off we went into the Office.  We were locked in!  There is a computer count down that helps with some hints and tells you the remaining time.  Literally everything in the room was a clue or led to another clue.  We were like scavengers hunting for clues or shouting thoughts out loud because in Escape the Room, you never know, anything might help.  I truly felt like Sherlock Holmes!  Escape the Room was absolutely so much fun, for one hour we searched and pulled clues from any conceivable way, one clue leading to the next and finally, WE SOLVED IT!!!  It was such an awesome experience to crack the code and Escape the Room.  Afterwards, our helper/employee came in the room and explained everything we had just solved in an nice organized order, also she told us that 85% of those who play, DO NOT escape the room, which made us feel even better!  We took our winners photo, which they posted on their Facebook account.

Escape the Room, I am hooked and next up is the Agency, which is the 8 person Escape the Room challenge!  Hopefully we will see you there!

PS: this place is now incredibly popular, and the person who runs Escape the Room told us it is best to book the tickets at least 3 weeks in advance!

Her Take: Remember in our last double date blog I said that we planned our next one? Well here it is! We planned to go to Escape the Room NYC!
Escape the Room is basically: you and your teammates are locked inside a room with a specific theme and you have 1 hour to get out using clues that are scattered all around and with hints you are given. IT IS AWESOME! Nicky had mentioned this place to me a while ago and then we forgot all about it, then Dan brought it up and that's when we were like "YES BOOK IT!!"

So Nicky, Dan, Lee, my brother Dominic (which I invited to come) and I went on June 5th, a Thursday night! We had bought tickets (which are $28 per person) for the office room. There are three rooms; The office, which was the original one and holds 10 people, the Agency, which is a spy themed room which holds 8 people and the Home which is a Victorian themed room that holds 6 people.

Being that it was only 5 of us, we shared the room with 4 other people who were very nice and helped a lot! We were a team after-all!

I have to say we had a lot of fun! I love mysteries and riddles and all that good stuff and I'd like to think i'm pretty good at them ;) I diddddd solve quite a few clues! (ehem ehem) And WE GOT OUT! the lady told us only 15% of teams get out, and we made it! Woo hoo in 53 minutes!

This post is pretty short because I don't want to ruin the experience for you if you go, which I really think you should!!! You will LOVE it, I know you will! So you'll have to find out for yourself and see if you can make it out in time!!

Escape the Room is located in Midtown on 31st between 5th and 6th and is in an apartment building up on the 11th floor, so when you go don't be confused (like we were.)
I just found out that they have a Lower East Side location too!!

I highly recommend going here! Its a different kind of date; a mystery game date and who wouldn't love one of those?? WE TOTALLY DID! And we can't wait to go back to try a different room!



No comments:

Post a Comment