Sunday, March 16, 2014

Brunch: Libation - Lower East Side, NY - 3/1/2014

Her Take: I've been wanting to go for brunch with my beau for a while now, but he isn't crazy for breakfast, but I totally am, so we HAD to go! My cousin, Carolina, came for the weekend with her friend Marcello and we went out Friday night, stood at a hotel and decided to go for a nice noon brunch that Saturday. We chose to go to Libation because we were originally thinking of going there that Friday night, but we saw they had bottomless brunch for $28 so WHY NOT! I made a reservation for 12(brunch is from 12-4) and me being the "early bird" that I am, I forced everyone to be ready by 11:15 so we would get there early, and we did.. so early that they place wasn't even open yet. (oops *blushing face*) Anyway, they finally let us in and they sat the four of us at a small, round, elevated table that was right on top of the bar, with barstools (with no backs) as our seats. That kind of disappointed me because I wanted to be comfortable. I saw they led all the other reservations upstairs, which seemed nicer, and they sat everyone else at tables with comfier chairs! wtffffff... but we realized it was probably because we made a late reservation. The place itself is nice with three floors and a long bar; it is a sports bar/club at night. We all ordered mimosas, so our waiter, which was also the bartender, brought us a carafe of mimosas. The mimosas were a bit watered down, which I understand why they are because if you're drinking for 4 hours, you don't want to be super drunk on champagne. Our waiter was really friendly and a good seller, he explained the food so nicely we were drooling at the table. I ordered the Texas French Toast which came with fresh fruit, bacon, candied walnuts and lots of powdered sugar. It was delicious and much better than I expected! Nicky and Marcello ordered the Steak and Eggs (which is $4 extra)  and Carolina ordered the Huevos Antonio, which were soo yummy! We had about 5 carafes of mimosas and Carolina and Marcello ordered Bloody Marys which were good as well. We were feeling buzzed, but definitely not drunk! We decided to leave early and our waiter was a little shocked that we weren't staying until 4, which I assume everyone (but us) does. The Brunch was soooo much better than we all expected, especially for 28$ a person! I would say it was definitely worth it and would go back, make a reservation earlier and actually STAY till 4! I love brunch, and it definitely tastes even better after a night of drinking!
Remember to make reservations!! Check out their website :)

His Take: So as Ariana said, I am not really a breakfast guy but when you tell me BOTTOMLESS drinks are involved, WAKE ME UP!  So yes the time police, Ariana, woke us all up bright and early and had us at the door before the place even allowed people in.  We headed to Libation, a place I have heard of before, but never for their brunch.  The brunch goes from 12-4, and the doors do not open (literally the doors are locked) until 12!  We were literally the FIRST people at the door.  Luckily Ariana had made a reservation.  We were the first to be seated and about a half hour into us being there the place was filled up.  Music was great they play it loud enough to enjoy and sing along, but low enough that you can hear your company.  I was not to fond of our seating arrangement, because we were one of the last of the reservations, we sat at a round table literally against the bar.  We sat at stools with no backs so that was a little uncomfortable at times.  The great thing about where we sat was our waiter, Sean, was also the bartender so our drinks kept coming.  Literally Sean was on top of his game and our carafes were never empty.  Sean would top off our drinks and come with a new carafe.  We enjoyed our Mimosas, and the other couple we were with tried the Bloody Mary's.  Sean did a wonderful job with the drinks and was every helpful with the menu, and what he liked!  I kept it simple and ordered steak and eggs, which I was excited to try, because I had not had steak and eggs in a long time.  The steak and eggs were excellent, and came with sides of fruit and potatoes.  I kind of wish the steak was a little but bigger, but after eating the entire dish, I was really happy with the amount of food.  Ariana's French Toast looked absolutely amazing, and the piece I had, was very tasty.  Ariana's cousin ordered Huevos Antonio, and they looked kind of cool to.  She enjoyed it, and Marcello order the steak and eggs (copy cat) and threw some cheese on there for good measure.  We drank and drank and drank some more, and after about 3 hours we were ready to leave.  Sean was shocked that we did not want to stay until 4!  I later found at that after 4, the place turns into a lounge/club and people stay and party, presumably still buzzed from their Mimosas or Bloody Mary's.  Finally a great thing about Libation, the brunch was $28 a person, which you literally can not beat.  Sean also told us that for an extra $15 a person, you can have the open bar option, which includes everything but top shelf liquor. 

 Mimosas
 Nicky's Steak and Eggs
 Ariana's Texas French Toast
 Carolina's Huevos Antonio
 Marcello's Steak and Eggs with Cheese
 The Goodlookin' Bloggers
Carolina and Ariana

No comments:

Post a Comment