Sunday, March 16, 2014

Brunch: Two Door Tavern - Williamsburg, Brooklyn - 3/8/2014

Her Take: I was really looking forward to having and enjoying another great brunch, but this time Two Door Tavern really disappointed me. I had come here once before for lunch with a couple of my friends and I liked it! But this brunch sucked, for lack of a better word. Nicky and I decided on this place and we saw that they had brunch for $15.95 with a complimentary mimosa, bloody mary or beer on tap; we both had the mimosa again because that it always the better choice (and hello, champagne is awesome). When we walked in we saw that it was packed and they told us we could either wait about 20 mins or have a seat at the bar- we do not like to wait for food so to the bar we went. We ordered our mimosas and I took 4,285 years deciding what to eat. I really was craving eggs benedict so I settled on that and Nicky ordered the breakfast burger. We waited for our food for quite some time and after finishing two glasses of water, making fun of people and wondering when our food would come, we finally got our dishes! Mine was cold, which was the first step to disappointment and then I tasted the eggs which were not only really, really, really runny and slimy, but they tasted like just vinegar. No like. I was really hungry so I kind of kept trying to make myself like it but I really couldn't. So I ate my side salad and some of the thickly sliced bacon with the parts of the English muffin that weren't drenched in slimy egg. I gave up trying because my appetite fled. Nicky enjoyed his breakfast burger so at least that was good. But I really did not like my eggs benedict one bit. I chugged my mimosa and just told Nicky that we'd have to go for froyo right after! And we did :)
Two Door Tavern you crushed my brunch hopes and dreams, I wanted to like you but you pushed me away. I will definitely not go back for brunch but I may give them a second chance on the lunch.
I don't recommend Two Door Tavern for brunch at all because I didn't think it was worth it. But if you ever do happen to find yourself in the hipster-packed pad, DO NOT ORDER THE EGGS BENEDICT.

His Take: I will start with this, we did not intend to do another brunch so soon.  We wanted to grab a lunch as this was the first Saturday in a while where the weather was nice enough!  I have been to Two Door Tavern before and I have enjoyed their dinner food.  Ariana and I walked in and were told that there was a 20-30 minute wait for a table or we could sit at the bar if we'd like.  We decided to take a seat at the bar and I was shocked to find a brunch menu.  We said what the heck and gave it a shot.  $15.95 for any entrĂ©e, a Mimosa or Bloody Mary, as well as a Coffee or Tea.  Ariana took forever to decide and we finally ordered, Me the breakfast burger and Ariana the eggs benedict.  My breakfast burger was a cheeseburger, with cheddar cheese, bacon optional, an over easy egg, on a toasted English muffin.  This breakfast at Two Door Tavern was delicious.  Cheeseburgers with an egg on top is quit tasty, and the toasted English muffin gave it that breakfast feel, much better than your standard bun.  The burger was cooked great and was nice and juicy.  They gave me the option of either mixed greens or an order of fries, and clearly french fries go better with a burger!  The fries were plentiful in a nice little bucket.  Ariana ordered eggs benedict with bacon.  Ariana really loves her eggs and I was disappointed when she told me that her eggs benedict were TERRIBLE.  She hated it.  She complained to me that her eggs were incredibly runny and slimy, and frankly they looked it.  For me, the meal was worth it and I would 100% order the breakfast burger again.  The bar is nice, had two screens.  Afterwards we headed to 16 Handles and got some froyo, and I am sure Ariana and I will give you more on dessert places like that in the future!

Sadly I do not think Ariana would go back to Two Door Tavern, but I assured her that the lunch or dinner menu would be better.  We ultimately may or may not return to Two Door Tavern but if you end up there, order the breakfast burger and NOT the eggs benedict.  Take if from us, were the experts!

No comments:

Post a Comment