Monday, March 3, 2014

Date Night: Game Night, Cousin's House 2/21/2014

Her Take: I love game nights, I could play games allll day every day! But, for some reason, no one ever wants to (maybe cause I always win and they're sore losers? the world may never know), so when Nicky's cousin invited us to game night, you know I was all up in there! Anyway, we brought 3 bottles of wine to his cousin's girlfriend's house and when we got there they took out Cards Against Humanity which was a lot of fun; it is like apples to apples (which I don't like too much) but its better haha! It's super fun and everyone gets a good laugh. Of course I was good at that game ;) I won the best answer a million times obviously! Next we decided to play Heads up which is an App and it is basically charades and getting the person with the phone on their forehead to guess the word, once again this was a lot of fun! Watching guys dance the cha-cha and doing kung fu was the highlight of the night. Lastly, we played cranium, which is my FAVORITE game!!!! Nicky and I were on a team for this one and we won!!! (is that a surprise? noooo) all the other couples started hating on us because we were winning all the club craniums and bonus rolls which got us into the brain and made us win before anyone else was even passed the 2nd brain stop. HA!!! We're amazing, what can I say, we're a smarty pants couple! ;)
We finished playing games around 2:45 AM!! We didn't expect it to be that late, but it was a lot a lot a lot of fun! I'm so glad we finally had a game night!

Game nights are a fun, easy and cheap substitute for a date night; If you feel like staying home and not spending any money, reach over for some board games and reach out to some friends (and tell them to bring some refreshments ehem *wine* ehem) and be prepared to have a fun-filled date night in!!



His Take:  GAME NIGHT!!!! Who doesn't love a game night?!?!?!?!  So my cousin invited us over to his girlfriend's house, along with 2 other couples (4 couples total) for some wine and games.  We played 3 different games, Cards Against Humanity, Heads Up, and Cranium.  Let me tell you, couple's game night is fun!  Ariana and I love playing games because we love battling it out head to head to see who the smarter one is (ALWAYS me, DUH).  First up, Cards Against Humanity.  This game was new to me, but it was absolutely hysterical.  I had never heard of this game before but I am glad we played.  This game was every man, or women, for themselves!  Basically each player takes a turn reading a black card, and the remaining players take a turn each placing a white card in the center.  The person reading the black card is not supposed to know which player put each, and reads them one at a time.  Now it is up to the reader to determine the "best" answer.  You can already see how this game goes!  For example, my cousin read "When I took ecstasy ______ became _____" and the winning answer was 2 midgets shitting in a bucket and puppies.  Clearly the answers were hysterical and we literally laughed all night!  On to Heads Up we went, which is an iPhone app ($.99).  This game is charades with a twist.  Each team has 1 player choose their own category, and their remaining team mates have to get that player to guess as many answers right as possible.  There a many different categories.  We played this game guys versus girls, and us guys kicked ass!  My favorite category was All The Right Moves, which basically is your team has to do the various dance moves that come up, and the 1 player must guess the dance moves in order to score!  Lastly we played Cranium.  This game we played each couple as a team, and I don't mean to sound cocky, but any one, ANY ONE who wants to challenge Ariana and I in this game, BRING IT ON.  We absolutely owned everyone in tis game, like ran circles around the competition!  Cranium is a fun party game that includes, sculpting/drawing, acting, and general knowledge or "factoids."

I will end with this, us 4 couples went through quite a few bottles of wine, but we were never short on laughs.  We literally laughed all the way through the night.  Grab your friends, couples or not and play any type of games.  I fully endorse game night for a simple nice and easy date!  Wine and games? COUNT ME IN!!


No comments:

Post a Comment