Sunday, July 27, 2014

Date Night: Studio Square Beer Garden - Astoria, Queens, New York - Saturday, 7/19/2014

Her Take: It seems like we celebrated all week for Nicky's birthday, but he deserved it! Saturday night Nicky wanted to go out and celebrate with his friends and he wanted to "be outside" he said. It was a beautiful night so it seemed fitting. Out of a bunch of places we had gone through, rooftop bars/clubs, Nicky decided on going to the beer garden at Studio Square. I had never been here before and I wanted to check it out so I was excited! A bunch of us went that night: his sister Teresa, his brother AJ with his girlfriend, his uncle and his girlfriend, his cousin Frankie, his friends Sal, Martyna, Chris, and Vinny with his girlfriend Stef. We got there around 10:30 ish and went straight to the bar to order a pitcher of Vodka Lemonade and a pitcher of Sangria, oh and a round of fireball shots! Surprisingly we found an empty table and we took it over.
The beer garden is really nice, its HUGE with at least 30 super long picnic tables and a gigantic screen showing sports. I heard for the World Cup, it was PACKED. This night there was a lot of people too, but since it's so spacious, it doesn't feel jam-packed. As I mentioned before, the night was beautiful, not too hot, so it felt good sitting outside, we were comfortable!
To my surprise, the vodka lemonade was delicious! I don't know why I expected it to just taste either like pure vodka or just really sweet; it was so good, tasted like freshly squeezed lemonade and the right amount of vodka. The dangerous part is that they go down sooooo easy! Literally tastes like the lemonade from the Lemonade Stand that was in front of your house when you were 6 years old. (THAT GOOD)
The Sangria was good too! This I expected to be really sweet as well, but it wasn't, HOLLA!
As you can see, I don't really like "sweet" drinks. :)
Anyway, we all got pitchers which are $25 each and give you about 4 big solo cups each, which is pretty good if you ask me. That comes out to like $6.25 a drink, which is a nonexistent price for drinks in NY, sooo thumbs up to deliciously cheap drinks!
Studio Square also serves food, I didn't get anything, but I did mooch off other people's fries which were crispy and yummy! The cool thing is that they have a variety of different foods such as hot dogs, fries, burgers, kielbasa, pretzels, sushi (yes sushi) and etc... So whatever you're craving, you can find here!
We stayed there all night and I had a blast! Hanging out with his friends is always a good time! Everyone's funny and likes having a good time, how could you go wrong??

I'm glad we all went out! And I'm looking forward to going back!! GREAT hangout spot! :))


His Take: Happy Birthday to ME!  I'm not one who makes a big deal about their own birthday, but what the heck, I turned 27 and wanted to enjoy a night out with Ariana and some friends.  Studio Square, me and you have a had a great relationship for many many many years now.  I have been coming here for quite some time!  I like to sit outside during the summer, have a few drinks, chat and laugh, and be with friends.  Studio Square is perfect for this, it literally is the perfect hang out spot!

Ariana, my uncle, his girlfriend, and I arrived before every one else so we made our way straight to the bar.  Mind you Studio Square has 2 inside bars, and a rather large outdoor bar.  The night was perfect so we never stood inside, except to use the bathroom!  We ordered 2 $25 pitchers, 1 vodka lemonade and 1 red sangria.  The vodka lemonade's went down so smooth and take this as a warning they sneak up on you.  I had about 5 or 6 before realizing that I was drunk.  That and the shots of Fireball and Jameson probably added to it!  Plus you're sitting around, drinking and chatting, before you know it the drinks have hit you.  Each pitcher gives you about 4-5 drinks which is great for $25.  Besides the vodka lemonade or the sangria, you can order from a great selection of draft beers.  Personally I'd go with the Blue Moon (which I have before) which is great, nice Blue Moon from the tap with a few slices of oranges in it, great on a summer day.  That's another thing that's great about Studio Square, its great during the day AND night.

Any who, we made our way to 1 of the plethora of long picnic tables, and by long I mean you can fit 10-12 people on each side of the table!  My sister, brother and his girlfriend, cousin, and some friends showed up to join in the celebration!  We drank, and drank, and drank, and laughed and talked and just had a good chill time.  Besides the drinks, you can order food.  I've had the cheeseburger and fries before, but nothing but alcohol this time!  The food is good, and we picked at some fries!  There is a huge screen that's great for sports games, and tonight there was a baseball game playing.  I've sat here for the NBA playoffs and that gets fun as well!

All in all I can guarantee that I will be back at Studio Square before the summer ends!  Great Summer spot, obviously not as good in the winter.  Food, drinks, friends, and great weather, cannot really beat that!  Grab a pitcher of something, look for us at a table, tell us how you read our blog, and join us for a drink!  Hope to see ya there!


Martyna and I pretending to be Step Brothers?
Nicky and Frankie 
drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment